The new version, FREVO 1.0, comes with 26 different components and an improved user interface which allows you to pause an evolution and check the intermediate results.
- download the newest version at frevo.sourceforge.net
- unpack the ZIP file
- unless you have it already on your system, install Java
- execute the createscrips.jar ("java -jar createscrips.jar")
- you can now run FREVO using the script named launch_Frevo
...or have a look at the following video explaining the basic steps to get started with FREVO:
For more information see the following sources:
- A. Sobe, I. Fehérvári, and W. Elmenreich. Frevo: A tool for evolving and evaluating self-organizing systems. In Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Evaluation for Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems, Lyon, France, September 2012.
- I. Fehérvári and W. Elmenreich. Evolving neural network controllers for a team of self-organizing robots. Journal of Robotics, 2010.
- The DEMESOS project www.demesos.tk
- Software used for the evolutionary algorithm: FREVO www.frevotool.tk