To enable self-organization for the smart grid, it is necessary to provide models, proofs, case studies, etc. showing that self-organizing approaches work. For finding self-organizing algorithms we provide our part: with the open-source software tool FREVO, we can evolve agent behavior for self-organizing systems using an automated process based on artificial evolution.
- Video: 6 minute introduction to FREVO
- Download FREVO (open source, platform-independent)
- A. Sobe, I. Fehérvári, and W. Elmenreich. FREVO: A tool for evolving and evaluating self-organizing systems. In Proceedings of the 1st International Workshop on Evaluation for Self-Adaptive and Self-Organizing Systems, Lyon, France, September 2012.
- A. Sobe and W. Elmenreich. Smart microgrids: Overview and outlook. In Proceedings of the ITG INFORMATIK Workshop on Smart Grids, Braunschweig, Germany, September 2012.
- IEEE Innovative Smart Grid Technologies - Asia conference website